Key Players Implementation Consultation
This one-day roundtable is intended for one or two key representatives from each agency participating in the local Coordinated Community Response (CCR). Ideally, this event will follow – and participants will have attended – the Creating an Effective Coordinated Community Response to Battering training
held the day before.
Participating CCR agencies should select people from their agencies to attend who have:
• The ear and respect of the administration
• Knowledge of the local system
• A desire to improve existing practice in all intervening agencies
• The ability to work well across disciplines and belief systems
• An interest in improving the systems response to domestic violence
Together with GVI, the group will create a “Blueprint for Change” which will map the course of your CCR and each agency’s role in the process.
To do so, participants will:
• Map their current system of interventions
• Work together to complete a preliminary assessment
of current strengths and weaknesses in existing responses
• Identify best (preferred) practices at each step of intervention to ensure safety and enhance
• Identify a method for the CCR collaborative to conduct a full assessment of current problems in
• Agree on a process of implementing change
• Prioritize changes to make and action steps for changing systems
• Identify key personnel involved in making these changes
• Develop an action plan and timeline for change
In order for organizers and participants to derive maximum benefit from the consultation, we suggest that other technical assistance options are also provided, such as:
"Creating an Effective Coordinated Community Response Training"
"Strategic Planning for CCR Coordinators and Domestic Violence Programs",and/or
"Current Practice Assessment"
For more information, contact us